Hey, blogspot readers, looking back on the year recently, SouthSide was extremely busy interviewing a wide range of artists, musicians and/or bands for her One On One blogspot articles. Before revealing her Top 10 list, she would like to say "Thank You" to everyone (too many to name but they know who they are) for making the interviews possible as well as taking time to answer her questions. She had fun chatting with you whether it was in person, by phone or email...
10. A Band of Orcs ...somewhere in the Middle Earth mountains of California, there's a horde of thrash metal band roaming and pillaging in the name of Gzoroth!
9. Charlie Hustle ...a down-to-earth Southside hiphop artist with inspirational messages for the masses.
8. Dumpster Hunter (Jeff Taylor) ...rockin' the Walt Disney Concert Hall with the Los Angeles Philharmonic performing Frank Zappa's 200 Motels.
7. Jason Magicks ...Record Breakers employee by day and DJ magician within the local EDM world by night.
6. Flabby Hoffman ...an exclusive behind the scenes with Chicago's masked man of a music/comedy variety cable access show.
5. Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs (Scary Cherry & Mario) ...glam/punk rock done Texan style which is always served with a loud BANG!
4. Makeshift Prodigy (Brandon and Anthony) ...ambient motivational mind-bending symphonic/electronic rock music designed for this millennium and beyond.
3. Jim Rose Circus ...never ever challenge SouthSide into finding interview questions never asked before.
2. Don Preston ...an exclusive interview with jazz legend and (Grand)Mothers of Invention musician.
1. Ian Anderson ...not worthy to bask in the presence of this musical pied piper and guitarist of Jethro Tull.
A Birdsong Valentine (the local scene's gut-busting screamo rock amidst intense guitar energy)
William Control (the electronic scene's suave debonair man of mystery) and Fearless Vampire Killers (five lads from UK rockin' the "happy" Goethe scene)
The Rabid Whole (Canada's hardcore dark industrial band) and Dope Stars Inc (Italians rockin' the 80's scene again!)
More "Top 10" lists coming soon, blogspot readers.
Until next time, support your local scene,